About District Heights Maryland
Over 500 acres of farmland purchased by the District Heights Company in 1925 would become what is known today as the town of District Heights. The District Heights Company set-up the town to be a commuter town within Prince George’s County for the city of Washington, D.C. District Heights would see a large increase in population in the late 1940s, with many veterans and military personnel returning from the second world war. During this time, in 1946, some 300 acres of vacant, undeveloped land would be bought by a prominent New York City developer, who would quickly turn the vast empty land into apartments, single-family homes, and much more.
Like many of the neighboring towns in Prince George’s County, District Heights as seen its local real estate market grow very healthily over the past few years. It is noted that the median sale price of homes in District Heights is $300,000 and with many newly renovated homes as well as the new developments, there are many options for those making the right choice to reside in District Heights.