About Ijamsville Maryland
Ijamsville is located close to the center of Maryland. Ijamsville is part of Frederick County. On average, the public school district that covers Ijamsville is better than the state average in quality. The Ijamsville area code is 240.
The town was founded by Plummer Ijams, a descendant of Welsh immigrants, from whom the town took its name. The discovery of high-quality slate in the area led to Ijamsville’s brief era as a mining town, which lasted until its transition to agriculture in the mid-1800s.
Major Attractions in and around Ijamsville, MD
- Monocacy National Battlefield (Historic Civil War site with trails)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Popular hiking place with scenic views)
- Adventure Park USA (Family fun center with rides & more)
- Little Bennett Regional Park (Forested area for hiking, camping & golf)
- Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard (Winery, vineyard, wine and wine tasting)
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Forested area with 15+ miles of trails)