Home VA Loans: Rates, Eligibility Requirements, and Benefits A VA loan is a special type of government-backed loan available to eligible veterans, service members, and
About Mayo Maryland
Mayo is located at south of Annapolis. It occupies a peninsula between the South River to the northeast and the Rhode River to the southwest, both of which are tidal arms of Chesapeake Bay. It is bordered by the CDP of Edgewater to the northwest, and (across the South River) by the CDP of Annapolis Neck to the northeast. Saunder’s Point, Shoreham Beach, Beverly Beach, Cloverlea, Turkey Point, Holly Hill Harbor, Selby Beach, and Cape Loch Haven are some of the neighborhoods found in Mayo.
Mayo is in Anne Arundel County and is one of the best places to live in Maryland. Living in Mayo offers residents a rural feel and most residents own their homes. In Mayo there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals live in Mayo and residents tend to lean conservative.
Major Attractions in and around Mayo, MD
- Mayo Beach Park (Quiet, sandy beach for picnics & swims)
- Beverly Triton Nature Park (Park and garden)
- Quiet Waters Park (Parkland with a playground & gardens)
- Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse (Whitewashed, 1800s lighthouse with tours)
- Great Frogs Winery (Winery, vineyard, wine tasting and wine)
- Mayo Beach (Beach)