About Shady Side Maryland
Shady Side is a census-designated place (CDP) in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States. The population was 5,803 at the 2010 census.
Living in Shady Side offers residents a rural feel and most residents own their homes. In Shady Side there are a lot of parks. Many young professionals live in Shady Side and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Shady Side are above average.
Major Attractions in and around Shady Side, MD
- Captain Avery Museum (Museum and oyster)
- Franklin Point State Park (Park and garden)
- Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse (Whitewashed, 1800s lighthouse with tours)
- Jack Creek Park (Park and garden)
- Galesville Heritage House (Museum)
- Tulip Hill