Fort Washington is an unincorporated area and census-designated place in Prince George’s County, Maryland, United States. It borders the capital of the United States of America, Washington, D.C., situated just south of the downtown district. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 23,717. With a diversified population, low crime rate, family-friendly atmosphere and affordable housing, Fort Washington, MD is considered a good place to live.
Potomac Landing Elementary School
12500 Fort Washington Rd · +1 301-203-1114
Fort Washington Forest Elementary School
1300 Fillmore Rd · +1 301-203-1123
Potomac Public Charter School
The average listed home price is $525,000 up over 17% from 2020. As of Dec 2021 Fort Washington MD is a sellers market, this means that there are more people looking to buy than there are homes available.
Things To Do In Fort Washington Maryland
- Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center (Upscale spot with dining & entertainment)
- Fort Washington Park (Historic location with relics & trails)
- Fort Foote Park (Bluffside Civil War-era fortress)
- Piscataway Park (Scenic boardwalks & nature trails)
- Fort Hunt Park (Historic war site for picnicking & more)
- River Farm (George washington and garden)