Mount Rainier is a city in Prince George’s County, Maryland, United States, bordering Washington. The population was 8,080 at the 2010 census. Considering only the crime rate, Mount Rainier is as safe as the Maryland state average and safer than the national average. Mount Rainier developed during the late 19th and early 20th centuries as a result of urban expansion in Washington D.C, as the housing demand expanded into its suburban areas. In 1830, a railroad was built connecting Baltimore to Ohio, which became Mount Rainier.
Schools in Mount Rainier, MD
Mt. Rainier Elementary School
4011 32nd St · +1 301-985-1810
Thomas S. Stone Elementary School
4500 34th St · +1 301-985-1890
Mount Rainier Junior High School
The average listed home price is $525,000 up over 17% from 2020. As of Dec 2021 Mount Rainier MD is a sellers market, this means that there are more people looking to buy than there are homes available.
Things To Do In Mount Rainier Maryland
- Bladensburg Waterfront Park (Boating & pontoon tours on the Anacostia)
- Prince Georges African American Museum and Cultural Center (Museum)
- Greenbelt Park (Wooded suburban getaway with campgrounds)
- Anacostia Tributary Trail System
- Sligo Creek Trail (Park and garden and running)
- Annapolis Road