Oxon Hill is an unincorporated area and census-designated place in southern Prince George’s County, Maryland, United States. Oxon Hill is a suburb of Washington, located southeast of the downtown district and east of Alexandria, Virginia. Oxon Hill is in the 22nd percentile for safety, meaning 78% of cities are safer and 22% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Oxon Hill is 42.48 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Oxon Hill generally consider the south part of the city to be the safest.
Oxon Hill is not just for shopping, it’s also famous for nightlife, casino, and variety of concerts and presentations. Oxon Hill Maryland is a good place to live. Every since the MGM casino has been built it has become very diverse. I like the schools, which are school uniform schools and the area is family friendly.
Schools in Oxon Hill, MD
Oxon Hill Elementary School
7701 Livingston Rd · +1 301-749-4290
Oxon Hill High School
6701 Leyte Dr · +1 301-749-4300
John Hanson Montessori School
6360 Oxon Hill Rd · +1 301-749-4052
The average listed home price is $525,000 up over 17% from 2020. As of Dec 2021 Oxon Hill MD is a sellers market, this means that there are more people looking to buy than there are homes available.
Things To Do In Oxon Hill Maryland
- George Washington Memorial Parkway (Riverside route with commemorative sites)
- Mount Vernon Trail (18-mi. trail alongside historic sites)
- Woodrow Wilson Memorial Bridge (River)
- The Carousel at National Harbor (Whimsical carousel with water views)
- Fort Washington Park (Historic location with relics & trails)
- Harmony Hall Park (History and art)