Greenbelt is a city in Prince George’s County, Maryland, United States, and a suburb of Washington, D.C. Greenbelt is notable for being the first and the largest of the three experimental and controversial New Deal Greenbelt Towns: Greenhills, Ohio and Greendale, Wisconsin being the others. Greenbelt is in Prince George’s County and is one of the best places to live in Maryland. Living in Greenbelt offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. Many families and young professionals live in Greenbelt and residents tend to be liberal.
Greenbelt Elementary School
66 Ridge Rd · +1 301-513-5911
Greenbelt Middle School
6301 Breezewood Dr · +1 301-513-5040
Eleanor Roosevelt High School
7601 Hanover Pkwy · +1 301-513-5400
The average listed home price is $525,000 up over 17% from 2020. As of Dec 2021 Greenbelt MD is a sellers market, this means that there are more people looking to buy than there are homes available.
Things To Do In Greenbelt Maryland
- Greenbelt Park (Wooded suburban getaway with campgrounds)
- College Park Aviation Museum (Flight-focused Smithsonian affiliate)
- Greenbelt Museum (Museum)
- Buddy Attick Lake Park (Lake-focused recreational city park)
- Lake Artemesia (Scenic reservoir spanning 38 acres)
- Anacostia Tributary Trail System