Over 30 million people in the U.S.A. have credit scores low enough (less than 620) to make shopping for low mortgage loan rates very difficult at best.
The major credit reporting agencies use a slightly different system to arrive at a credit score. The best known is called the FICO score, developed by Fair Isaac and Company (FICO).
A FICO credit score can range from 300 to 800. Most borrowers fall into the 600-800 credit score range.
A high FICO score is your reward for paying bills on time. This is one of the most important factors that determine your Florida home mortgage loan rate
Home Loan or Refinance Rate Quote
"How can I improve my FICO credit score"?
Here are 5 ways to boost your FICO credit score.
1. Paying your bills on time is the first step in improving your FICO credit score. Late payments can have a big negative impact on your FICO score, 30 days or more late on one account can lower your FICO score 50 points or more.
If you don’t like writing checks, go online and automate your bill paying.
2. Don’t max out your credit cards. The smaller balance gives you a wider difference between your balance and your credit limit.
Also, if you are planning to purchase a new car or other major item, wait until you get that low mortgage loan rate.
3. If you are sincerely interested in improving your FICO credit score, bankruptcy MUST be avoided! Bankruptcy is more negative than late payments or collection accounts.
4. Get credit counseling if you have too much debt and begin to fall behind, or can’t see a way out.
5. Keep old paid off accounts in an open status. If you close an account, it won’t help your FICO score but it could lower your credit score.
If you close an old account it could make you look like a “rookie” in the credit world. A factor in obtaining credit is how long you’ve had credit.
If your FICO credit scores are over 620, but you want to raise it, obtain a copy of your credit report and request that the credit bureau remove any errors.
CambridgeHomeLoan.com provides a variety of mortgage solutions including first time home buyer home improvement loans, home equity loans, and debt consolidation loans through their partners.
For more information about Florida home mortgage loan rates or to improve FICO credit score please go to https://www.cambridgehomeloan.com
Expert Home Loan Advice
Navigating Ohio’s Hard Money Loan Market: What You Need to Know Ohio’s real estate market continues to attract investors and property developers due to its
The Definitive Guide: A Comprehensive Manual to Sustainable Living As the world grapples with the challenges of climate change and environmental degradation, more and more
Home Ohio’s Hard Money Loans Demystified: Essential Facts Every Investor Should Know When it comes to real estate investing, one of the key factors that
The Rising Trend of Fix and Flip Loans: Texas Investors Reap the Rewards The Fix and Flip Market in Texas Over the past decade, Texas
Ohio Real Estate Market Experiences Major Shift: A New Era of Opportunity The Ohio real estate market has long been known for its stability and
Home Profit Potential Unlocked: Leverage Fix and Flip Loans to Transform Florida Properties Florida has long been a hot spot for real estate investment, with
From Worn-down to Wow: How Fix and Flip Loans are Reviving Properties Across Texas When it comes to real estate, Texas has always been a
Navigating the World of Hard Money Loans: What You Need to Know in Ohio The Basics of Hard Money Loans Before diving into the specifics