About Burkittsville Maryland
Burkittsville is located in northwest Maryland. Burkittsville is part of Frederick County. Burkittsville has 0.45 square miles of land area. Burkittsville is a historic village in Frederick County, Maryland, United States. The village lies in the southern Middletown Valley along the eastern base of South Mountain. Burkittsville is a residential area with an economy based in agriculture and tourism.
Burkittsville is a nice, friendly, and quiet town. You can count on many of the locals to give a helping hand. It is a community that is strong and peaceful for any family to settle down. The downside to Burkittsville is that it is a bit too small.
Major Attractions in and around Burkittsville, MD
- Gathland State Park (Historic home of a Civil War journalist)
- South Mountain Heritage Society (History and museum)
- Distillery Lane Ciderworks
- National War Correspondents Memorial Arch (History)
- Crampton’s Gap
- Catoctin Creek Park & Nature Center (Park with an interactive nature center)
- The Kennedy Farm (History)
- Othello Regional Park (Park and garden)
- Elk Ridge (Mountain ridge with trails & climbing)