With the volatility of the markets, rates, and prices of real estate, you may be asking yourself, “Is now the right time to buy or
About Burkittsville Maryland
Burkittsville is located in northwest Maryland. Burkittsville is part of Frederick County. Burkittsville has 0.45 square miles of land area. Burkittsville is a historic village in Frederick County, Maryland, United States. The village lies in the southern Middletown Valley along the eastern base of South Mountain. Burkittsville is a residential area with an economy based in agriculture and tourism.
Burkittsville is a nice, friendly, and quiet town. You can count on many of the locals to give a helping hand. It is a community that is strong and peaceful for any family to settle down. The downside to Burkittsville is that it is a bit too small.
Major Attractions in and around Burkittsville, MD
- Gathland State Park (Historic home of a Civil War journalist)
- South Mountain Heritage Society (History and museum)
- Distillery Lane Ciderworks
- National War Correspondents Memorial Arch (History)
- Crampton’s Gap
- Catoctin Creek Park & Nature Center (Park with an interactive nature center)
- The Kennedy Farm (History)
- Othello Regional Park (Park and garden)
- Elk Ridge (Mountain ridge with trails & climbing)