About Riva Maryland
Riva is a census-designated place (CDP) in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States. The population was 4,076 at the 2010 census. The area is scenic, especially where the two-lane Riva Road crosses the South River on a bridge. The area is growing with large new homes as the suburbs of Annapolis grow outward. Riva is bordered by Annapolis to the north, Edgewater to the east, and Davidsonville to the west.
Riva is in Anne Arundel County and is one of the best places to live in Maryland. Living in Riva offers residents a rural feel and most residents own their homes. In Riva there are a lot of coffee shops and parks. Many retirees live in Riva and residents tend to lean conservative.
Major Attractions in and around Riva, MD
- Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland (24-hour spot for slots & table games)
- Thomas A. Dixon, Jr. Aircraft Observation Area (Trail with airport views & a playground)
- National Cryptologic Museum (Code-making artifacts & exhibits)
- Friendship Park (Park and garden)
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament (Knights & jousting-themed dinner theater)
- BWI Trail (Hiking)