Whiteford is a community in Harford County, Maryland, United States. The community has historically had a strong Welsh heritage, which is reflected in the local architecture. The town, a part of the Whiteford-Cardiff Historic District, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. Until 1978, this community was served by the Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad at milepost 42.4. Also on the National Register are the Broad Creek Soapstone Quarries and Slate Ridge School. The populated place Cambria lies to the northwest of Whiteford. Today, there are a vast amount of historical sites, museums, beautiful parks, and trails. Whiteford also contains a high-rated public schools system.
Major Attractions in and around Laurel, MD
- Fiore Winery & Distillery (Winery, vineyard, wine and wine tasting)
- Kilgore Falls
- Rocks State Park – Kilgore Falls/ Falling Branch Area (Free-falling waterfall in a state park)
- Deer Creek (River, fishing and hiking)
- Eden Mill Nature Center (Nature activities & historic mill tours)
- King & Queen Seat at Rocks State Park (Park and garden)