If you are looking to see if you qualify for VA Home Loan, you can submit your DD214 and COE here and we will send you a Pre-Qualification letter telling you what you qualify for. If you are not sure or do not have your COE, feel free to fill out the form to the right and a representative will contact you or email Here!
VA Home Loans
Free Rate Quote
Setup Your Account And Apply Below (Click Below)
What Do I Need To Get A Certificate Of Eligibility For A VA Home Loan?
Service Requirements For Veterans
and Service Members On Active Duty.
|Served Between September 16, 1940, & July 25, 1947 (WWII)||90 total days|
|Served Between July 26,1947, and June 26,1950 (post-WWII period)||181 continuous days|
|Service Between June 27,1950, and January 31,1955 (Korean War)||90 total days|
|Service Between February 1, 1955, and August 4, 1964 (post-Korean War period)||90 total days|
|Service Between August 5, 1964, and May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War), or|
February 28, 1961, to May 7, 1975, if you served in the Republic of Vietnam
|90 total days|
|Service Between May 8, 1975, and September 7, 1980 (post-Vietnam War period), or|
Between May 8, 1975, and October 16, 1981, if you served as an officer
|181 continuous days|
|Service Between September 8, 1980, and August 1, 1990, or|
Between October 17, 1981, and August 1, 1990, if you served as an officer
|Between August 2, 1990, and the present (Gulf War)|
|I’m on active duty now||90 continuous days|
|When did you serve?||You meet the minimum active-duty service requirement if you served for at least this amount of time:|
|Service Between August 2,1990, and the present (Gulf War)||90 continuous days of active service|
|Service for any time period If you are not sure where there is a fit contact 800-826-5077 and a representative will assist you.||6 creditable years in the Selected Reserve or National Guard, and one of the descriptions below is true for you|
At least one of these must be true. You:
If I am the spouse of a veteran, can I get a COE?
If you are the surviving spouse of a Veteran or a Veteran who is missing in action or being held as a prisoner of war (POW), you might be able to get a COE.
Can I get a COE in any other situations?
You may be able to get a COE if you meet at least one of the requirements listed below.
At least one of the following must be true. If you..
- Are a U.S. citizen who served in the Armed Forces inf the U.S. or of a government allied with the United States in World War II, or
- Served as a member in certain organizations, like a:
- Public Health Services officer
- Cadet at the United States Military, Air Force, or Coast Guard Academy
- Midshipman at the United States Naval Academy
- Merchant seaman during World War II
Can I use a COE that I have used before?
You might be able to “restore” an entitlement that you used in the past to buy another home with a VA direct or VA backed loan if you meet at least one of the requirements that are listed below.
At least one of the following must be true:
- You have sold the home you bought with the prior loan and have paid that loan off in full, or
- A qualified Veteran-transferee agrees that they will assume your loan and substitute their entitlement for the same amount of entitlement you originally used, or
- You have repaid your prior VA loan in full, but have not sold the home you bought with that loan (you are only able to do this one time)
If you would like to request an entitlement restoration, fill out a Request for a Certificate of Eligibility (VA Form 26-1880) and send it to the VA regional loan center for your state.
Download VA Form 26-1880
Find your state’s VA regional loan center
VA’s Cash-Out Refinance Home Loans are for those homeowners who want to take cash out of your home equity to take care of many of life’s concerns like paying off debt, funding school, or making improvements to your home. The Cash-Out Refinance Loan can be used to refinance a non-VA loan into a VA loan as well. The VA home loan guarantee, will guaranty loans up to 100% of the value of your home.
VA Home Loan Advantages
The guarantee VA home loan provides to the lenders allows them to provide you with more favorable terms, including:
- No down payment required as long as the sales price does not exceed the appraised value.
- No private mortgage insurance premium requirement.
- VA rules limit the amount that you can be charged for closing costs.
- Closing costs may be paid by the seller.
- The lender can’t charge you a pre payment penalty fee if you pay the loan off early.
- VA might be able to provide you some assistance if you run into some difficulties making payments.
You should also know that:
- You don’t have to be a first-time home buyer.
- You can reuse the benefits
- VA-backed home loans are assumable, as long as the person assuming the loan qualifies.
VA Home Loan Contact Form
Expert Home Loan Advice
Introduction Selecting the best mortgage and mortgage rate requires calm diligence. There are a very few times in life when shopping wisely matters so much.
Low Income Home Loan Options Give You Hope Thanks to the many low income home loans available in the market today, you can be a