About Havre De Grace Maryland
Havre de Grace abbreviated HdG, is a city in Harford County, Maryland, United States, situated at the mouth of the Susquehanna River and the head of Chesapeake Bay. It is named after the port city of Le Havre, France, which in full was once Le Havre de Grâce (French, “Harbor of Grace”).
Living in Havre de Grace offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Havre de Grace there are a lot of coffee shops and parks. Many young professionals and retirees live in Havre de Grace and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Havre de Grace are above average.
Major Attractions in and around Havre De Grace, MD
- Friends-Concord Point Lighthouse (Historic landmark with educational tours)
- Havre De Grace Decoy Museum (Woodcarving displays of geese & ducks)
- The Havre de Grace Maritime Museum (History & culture of commercial fishing)
- Millard Tydings Memorial Park (Riverfront site for picnics & play)
- Lock House Museum (Canal exhibits in a 19th-century home)
- Bulle Rock Golf Course (Golf and country club)